7. Never go after your friend’s boyfriend. This applies to your sister’s boyfriend, as well. Even if he flirts first.
6. I just found out that it’s not okay to go after your sister’s ex-boyfriend. Shakespeare led me astray. All is NOT fair in love and war.
5. If you care about a friendship, never give up on it. Remember, there’s a difference between persistence and stalking. Don’t be a clotpole.
4. A single “sorry” goes a long way. Especially if you mean it.
3. It doesn’t hurt to follow a “sorry” with chocolate or a cookie on a stick.
2. Stop doing the thing that made you have to apologize in the first place. Like acting like a boil-brained flirtgill. Stop going after your sister’s boyfriend.
1. If you are lucky enough to have a sister, treat her well. Better than you do now.
A big thank you to Roz for spending some time at The Serpentine Library today!
For more information about My Invented Life - A YA novel about sisters, secrets, and Shakespeare - visit