1. Hi T.J.! Thanks for taking some time out of your busy schedule to answer these questions. So, were you ever a fan of scary movies? If yes, are you still?
Some of my best dates have been at scary movies. It's always nice to have a cute girl cuddling up to you when she's cowering in fear from the ax-wielding maniac on screen. I don't really care either way about the stories, but I'm a fan, if you know what I mean.
2. Tell me a little more about your love of boats; Do you have a favorite type boat/ship?
Shhh. Dude. No one's supposed to do know that! People are going to think I'm some kind of nerd. (But have you ever seen Paul Allen's yacht Octopus? Holy crap, that thing is SWEET!)
3. Oops, sorry about that. But, if you could captain a ship to anywhere around the globe, where would you sail to?
I'd go somewhere warm and quiet, like Mallorca or
with someone very special and just hide from the rest of the world. Antibes
4. Now, let’s shift gears a little. Are you excited about playing college football?
Yes and no. Don't get me wrong. I love playing football. And I love that it allows me to do things like go to a top tier university on a full ride scholarship. But I don't view it as my lifetime goal to play in the NFL. I'll give the sport my all while I'm in college, and then if I'm good enough and a team wants me? So be it.
5. If an NFL team did want you, which team would you love to play for after college?
The Seattle Seahawks, of course! HOME TOWN BOYS!
6. As a librarian I have to ask, what was the last book you read that you really enjoyed?
I read TheUnbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera last month and really loved it.
7. If you were stranded on a desert island what four items would you hope to find with you?
The usual: something to build shelter, something to be able to hunt or fish with, something to hold water. And maybe a beautiful smiling face to share it all with.
8. Still on the desert island: What person (either dead or alive) would you want to be stuck with?
I think that's one secret I'll keep to myself. ;)
For more information about the TEN Blog Tour visit Me, My Shelf and I
Gretchen McNeil is an opera singer, writer and clown. Her YA horror POSSESS debuted with Balzer + Bray for HarperCollins in 2011. Her follow up TEN – YA horror/suspense about ten teens trapped on a remote island with a serial killer – will be released September 18, 2012, and her third novel 3:59, sci fi horror pitched as The Parent Trap meets Event Horizon, is scheduled for Fall 2013.
Gretchen is a former coloratura soprano, the voice of Mary on G4's Code Monkeys and she sings with the LA-based circus troupe Cirque Berzerk. Gretchen blogs with The Enchanted Inkpot and is a founding member of the vlog group the YARebels where she can be seen as "Monday."